Whitcomb Brothers Grain Systems, Inc. is a company that sells, installs, and services grain handling equipment while providing the best service and highest quality equipment to our customers in Minnesota. We are a family owned company that usually operates with 20-25 employees and also hires subcontractors. Our company varies from pouring concrete pads for grain bins, grain dryers to installing grain bins and grain dryers to assembling towers, legs, spouts, DumPits, air systems, and more products regarding the grain handling needs of our customers.Click Here for Employment Application
- Cement Laborer: Starting At $20.00 – $24.00/hour based on experience and qualifications.
- Service Laborer: Starting At $20.00 – $24.00/hour based on experience and qualifications.
We have a great team of employees and would like to add new motivated, dependable, trustworthy, stable employees.
Willing to Train – No Experience Necessary
Laborer positions will be laid off during our off season, which usually runs from December through March, depending on weather and work load. Laborers will be welcomed back in the spring.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help the crew set up & pour concrete pads for grain handling site set ups.
- Help the crew build & construct grain bins, dryers, legs, towers and any product regarding the grain handling needs of our customers
- Repair/Service grain handling equipment
- Drive & operate company equipment
- Appropriate use of tools
• Climb heights of 100ft or more (preferred, not required)
• Lift 60lbs regularly
• Sit/Stand for prolonged periods of time
• Full range of body movements
• Body senses including sight, hearing, touch, and smell
• Ability to read & write
Preferred Knowledge/Skills: (Not Required)
• Read a blue print
• Operate: crane, skid-loader, lull, forklift, impacts, chop saws
• Welding experience: ark/stick, wire fed, torch (includes pay increase)
• Ability to read a tape measure
• Possess or ability to obtain a CDL while being insurable (includes pay increase)
• Skills or knowledge in building grain handling equipment
• Grain bin and millwright experience
- 45-60 hours per week, or as needed to meet customer demand
- Could include early mornings, late evenings and voluntary weekends.
- April through November – weather & workload permitting
- Traveling to jobsite in company vehicle
- Must report to our location in Atwater daily
- Most of the time will be spent outside in all types of weather
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable transportation
• Good communication
• Customer service skills
• Teamwork attitude – willing to help out where needed
• Willing to learn Whitcomb Brothers strategies & techniques
• Appropriate & professional hygiene
• Drug free
- Paid Weekly
- Competitive Health Insurance
- Roth/401k Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Time-off
- 50% Boot Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Company Clothing Services
- Profit Incentives
- Paid Lunch Breaks
- Bonus Meals
- Paid Travel Time / Hotel Costs
Apply by filling out and submitting application below and/or emailing, mailing or faxing your personal resume to the office manager Monday – Friday 7:00 am-5:00 pm.
Whitcomb Brothers Office
16710 90th Ave. SE, Atwater, MN 56209
Email [email protected]